Friday, September 25, 2015

Of stones, phone booths, and magic

A photo collage. 

[In front of the British Museum. The lady taking our picture was so sweet--she made sure that it was aligned perfectly and that there were no other random tourists too near by.]

[I love the roof of the British Museum.]

[The Rosetta Stone. I actually really like this picture. I was able to get a shot without a lot of people, The random woman in the khaki coat who is studying the stone is my favorite part.]

[The Assyrian exhibit. I thought this one was really cool. I know that a lot of people go to the British Museum to see things like the Rosetta Stone and Elgin Marbles, but on this trip the Assyrian exhibit was my favorite.]


[Victoria and Albert Museum.]

[V&A Museum, take two. This was a sculpture representing modern London. It was called "The Tower of Babel."]

[So touristy. But I had to do it. I just love the red phone booths.]


["Mind the gap between the train and the platform."]

["Best do it at a bit of a run if you're nervous." I absolutely had to get this picture. And yes, I am a Ravenclaw. Very much so. Also, they didn't have this setup the last time I was at King's Cross. I had to go and actually find Platform 9 and 3/4. But it's fun to have had both experiences/photo ops.]

[Going to see Wicked.]

[So excited to see Wicked! Did you know that I had never seen it before Wednesday? I've had the music memorized since I was 13, but this was my first time seeing it. It did not disappoint.]

I'm glad that I was able to spend a couple of days in London with my mom. Of course there was only so much we could see in the little time we were there, but honestly, you could spend a year in London and not see or do everything that's available there.

"When [one] is tired of London, [one] is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." --Samuel Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment