Saturday, September 19, 2015

My Lindon // My Mountains

"Now God be thanked that the name of a hill is such music, that the name of a river can heal." --Alan Paton, Cry the Beloved Country 

Just some views from an evening run in my hometown: 

[Utah sunsets. Utah fields.]

 [Yes, that is a man on a horse. Talking to his neighbor. Just a regular day in the neighborhood.]

[Firm as the mountains around us.]

I love these streets. I love these people. I love September evenings drenched with dew and dusk. 


[There is something soothing in a garden.] 

I will miss these evening runs, especially as the weather has turned perfect for them. 

But there is something in having a hometown to come home to. 

And to know that the mountains will always be here--gentle giants waiting to welcome me home. 



--post inspired by this and this.--

2 comments:

  1. These evening runs will miss you! Oh wait, that's me. I will miss you!

    ReplyDelete