Friday, September 4, 2015

A Place of Love and Beauty

"And ye are to be taught from on high. Sanctify yourselves and ye shall be endowed with power, that ye may give even as I have spoken." -- Doctrine and Covenants 43:16 

"For the word of the Lord is truth, and whatsoever is truth is light, and whatsoever is light is Spirit, even the Spirit of Jesus Christ." -- Doctrine and Covenants 84:45


Last Friday I had the incredible honor and opportunity to attend the temple with my dear friend Madison. Madi has decided to serve a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and has been called to serve in the Romania Bucharest Mission.

I am thrilled for her. Missions are life-changing, sacred experiences. I truly believe that they are a way that God shows His love for all of us--both for the ones serving and for those missionaries are called to serve and love.

I also believe that the temple endowment is a gift of God's love and knowledge to His children. It is something that He wants all of His children to receive. There is power which comes from making and keeping promises with God.

It was a sacred privilege to help prepare Madison for her first experience at the temple (although most of that preparation came on her own through her life and her thirst for light and truth). I am simply grateful that I was able to share this special day with her.

Truly, the temple is a place of love and beauty.


"And if your eye be single to my glory, your whole bodies shall be filled with light, and there shall be no darkness in you; and that body which is filled with light comprehendeth all things." -- Doctrine and Covenants 88:67 

No comments:

Post a Comment