Friday, October 2, 2015

I Capture the Castle

. . . just trying to do some catch up before I post about what I know you've all been waiting for--Oxford. Yes, I'm here. Yes, it's beautiful. Yes, I think it will be an amazing year. But more about that later. Because I wanted to get these pictures on here.

While visiting Rick and Cheryl's family in Northern England, we got a chance to visit some small towns. And we saw castles. 

[I capture the castle.]

[Here is the castle. It is called Spofforth Castle and was an important place during the War of the Roses.]

[More castle-ing.]


[I think it is beautiful how these flowers grow out of the castle. I also saw a lot of flowers doing this in tunnels. I think there is some sort of lesson to be learned here.]

Also, Northern England is just beautiful. I wasn't able to get a picture of when we were driving through the peaks and heather, but it made me feel like I was in a Bronte novel.


We also went to the Oldest Sweet Shop in England. Is it really the oldest? Who knows. But it did have delicious bon-bons.



And it felt like Honeydukes from Harry Potter. They even had chocolate frogs!


Next up . . . Oxford!


No comments:

Post a Comment