Friday, January 27, 2012

Confessions of an Introvert

Those of you who know me know how shy I can be.

I often prefer to dwell in my own thoughts rather than express them . . .
and then I make sure that everything I say is carefully expressed.

Meetings and parties drain me.

I'd rather read than go to a sporting event (generally speaking).

I'm a daydreamer.

Sometimes I think I'd be content to live in an ivory tower my entire life. Or as a meditating hermit on Timpanogos, with the secret of life on the tip of my tongue.

But then there are days like today, when I realize how much I need people.

Like when I see friends who I haven't seen in awhile. I talk with them, and their conversation refreshes me.

I'm learning that being with people is healing.

When I'm out of my shell, I find I'm just as happy as when I'm cooped up inside, listening to Bach.

The trick is getting out of that shell.

No comments:

Post a Comment