Friday, February 6, 2015

Putin on the Ritz

Today had no rhyme or reason. 

I woke up after the CREEPIEST DREAM IN THE WORLD. I dreamed that Putin forced me to go on a date with him. And then he tried to kiss me. Eww. Gross. Just no, no, no, no, no. 


plus 


equals 

НЕТ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

So, after that lovely dream, I was wondering what the day had in store for me. 

Luckily, no Russian despots tried to ask me out. Today, anyway. Which is always a plus. 

Instead, there were free bagels at the corner store. 

And it was 66 degrees today (on February 6th, people! February 6th!) 

And I gathered a slew of wonderful non-sequitur quotes from my Tolstoy professor. 

And my Russian history professor cried when he talked about the 1932-1933 famine in Ukraine. The Holodomoor. Death by starvation. 

So, lots of Russian stuff today. But Putin did not call. 

(Hallelujah.) 

1 comment: