Saturday, June 20, 2015

"What are men to rocks and mountains?" part the second

Any week is a good week when there is a lot of hiking involved.

Especially when you get views like this:


Utah is beautiful. And isn't it incredible that the mountains are quite literally at our doorstep? I drove ten minutes to get to the trailhead.

And yes, that is the "G". I had never hiked it before--I know, I know, shame on me, especially since I graduated from PG, for crying out loud. Oh well. Better late than never . . . I guess?

Also, hiking with Melinda just made my morning. Love that girl. So, so much. (I don't have any pictures of us, but believe me--we conquered that mountain.)

I also re-discovered this week just how perfect hikes are for catching up with friends. They are better than lunch dates or girls' nights. Everything just feels more focused in the mountain air. You skip the fluff and get to the core. And I love that.

"Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountains is going home." --John Muir

Going to the mountains is like going home. Beautiful.

****IMPORTANT UPDATE********
They lit the "G" tonight. Obviously it was in commemoration of my first hike to the G. That is the only logical explanation.

No comments:

Post a Comment