Saturday, June 27, 2015

5 Years . . .

Five years ago I began a study abroad at Cambridge University.

 [Look at that cute little Megan!]

Has it really been five years? It really has. Cambridge is one of those deep, lasting experiences of my life--so much so that I now cannot imagine my life without it. In fact, in order of events that have shaped me the most during the last five years, Cambridge sits comfortably at #2. It shaped me in so many ways. It taught me that I was more than capable to do hard things. And that I could do hard things well. It expanded my view of the world and of my potential. But most importantly, it gave me some incredible people in my life. 

[These are good, good people.]

Looking back, I realize how young I was. And I am so, so, SO grateful that these people took me in. (That sounds like I was a wandering, poor orphan girl or a puppy dog. Oh well. Keeping it.) I'm glad that they let me be their friend, even though I was so weird. Like, so weird. I had some growing up to do. Still do. But luckily people seem to like adorably awkward Meg. So it works out great for me. 


 [Proof that I looked like I was sixteen when I went up to Cambridge.]


 [When in Scotland . . .]

 [Typical.]

 [Oh, you know. Just an average day on the London Temple grounds.]

Five years. We've all come a long way. So much has happened--in the world and to us. Many of us are now starting families of our own, many of us served missions, and many of us are starting careers. (Or, in the case of myself, starting graduate school--but I was the baby of the group, so it's fine. I'll get there eventually.)

 [Love these people. So, so much.]

[More proof that I was the baby of the group.] 

I know that Cambridge and the people I met there changed my life forever. So, thank you. To all of you. You know who you are. Thank you for being my friends then, and for still being my friends.

Because if I have learned one thing these past five years, I have learned the value of relationships. Thank you for being a part of my life. And thank you for letting me be a part of yours.






. . . . . . also, I just realized. Five years ago I started this blog. I started it as a way to document my Cambridge adventures. A lot has happened in five years. A LOT. It has been a very full five years. We'll see where the next five take me.

4 comments:

  1. Love you girl! And I never thought of you as "the baby." :) You were just our awesome Megan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So glad you were there, Megan! And so glad we have remained friends. By the way, that picture of us girls on the beach is one of my all-time favorites. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm also glad that we are friends, Kathryn! And I know. I love the pictures from Cromer Beach. :)

      Delete