Thursday, August 1, 2013

Life in Transition

I love railway stations.

Think the old, European-style stations. King’s Cross. Grand Central. 
High, gorgeous ceilings span the sky, clocks everywhere display the time, and people rush back and forth, all on the way to somewhere.

[image courtesy of wanderu.com] 

[image courtesy of e-architect.co.uk]



Making connections.
Making memories.
Making transitions.
In-transit.



That is where my life is right now. I just got off a train, and am headed on a new one. I’m not exactly sure where it will take me; I can only see the starting point. There’s a hopeful destination, but there will be schedule changes, I’m sure. Some delays. Transitions.

So, with a new era in my life, I’m changing the name of my blog. Again. And some of the themes will change, too. Life in transition. Because we all are in different stages of life, each year a transition into something new, each sunset beckons a horizon. The train arrives at the station.

Life is change.
I am changing all the time.

And yet, some things remain constant. Eternal truths. Truth is reason, truth eternal.

Transition zones. Being in the middle. Breaking cycles. That seems to be my calling in life.
And so, my friends, enjoy this life in transition.


Train arriving on platform 10. 

No comments:

Post a Comment