Saturday, August 17, 2013

A Shout-Out to Kyra

Guys! I am so excited! I get to see my cousin, Kyra, tomorrow! I haven't seen her in like, two years! And there's so much that has happened for both of us. It will be a wonderful reunion.

[and yes, Kyra, this is a thank-you for your blog post about me a month ago. just returning the favor. love you.]

Kyra and I have had some pretty incredible adventures together.

Like escaping from pirates.
And crossing the plains in pioneer bonnets.
And battling villains who either wanted to marry us or make us their slaves.

Granted, these all happened in the safety of a downstairs playroom or a grassy backyard, but they still happened.



Do you know what else also happened?

Whenever we got together, we made theatrical performances that we then forced our parents to watch.


[um, yes, this is now one of my favorite pictures of all time. how awesome are we? so awesome. what are we even singing/dancing to? i don't remember. joseph and the amazing technicolor dreamcoat, maybe? probably. because we are just that awesome.]*

We would write stories with each other/to each other. About kids living in hotels (and, might I add, this was before The Suite Life of Zack and Cody, people. We were way ahead of our time). About princesses and pioneers and Nephites. We were just that cool. 

I always enjoyed being with Kyra because she was smart, funny, kind, and clever. She always had the most interesting ideas and it was fun to talk with her. It still is fun to talk to her. Did I mention she's clever? [like, you have no idea. like, wrote-a-master's-thesis-in-electrical-engineering-while-pregnant-genius-girl clever. amazing.] 

But if you need some visual proof of her cleverness, just look at what she made me for my birthday while I was on my mission: 

 That's right, people. 




Also, did I mention I'm so excited to see this little guy? ^him^

Because I am. So excited.

Did I mention I'm excited?

Anyway.

Kyra, you're just wonderful.

Love,

me.

*I think that is the most recent picture we have with each other? And it's from, like, 2001? We should probably get a new one tomorrow. Just sayin'.*

No comments:

Post a Comment