Friday, August 9, 2013

I'm so weird it's normal

Yes, I am that crazy RSM.

[Note: RSM=returned sister missionary]

Now that I’m back from Ukraine, there are some things my poor family just has to get used to.

Like how I sing hymns in Russian now.

Or say, “ух ты!” all the time. [Pronounced “ook-ti!” It means, “wow!” or, “ooh!”]

Or how I’ve taught my 2-year-old cousin to say, “opa,” instead of “oops.”

And then, how I love chai (tea) now. Love, love, love it. Herbal tea. Mmmmmm. Tonight I had some chamomile tea and it was sooooooooo gooooooood. And I was just singing about how good it was and my dad was laughing at me. In a, “you’re cute, Megan,” way. He just doesn’t understand how good it is, or he’d be singing about how great chai is, too. So, so, SO good.

And finally, that awkward moment when you’re playing Just Dance with your siblings, and your brother gets too close to you as he’s doing a wicked-awesome dance move and you duck and say, “Don’t touch me!” yeahhhhhh. Sorry, brother. Just be careful around the RSM. 


So, there’s a taste of my craziness. I am now that crazy returned sister missionary. And I’m coming to a singles ward near you. Bwahahahaha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment