Friday, March 2, 2018

Things learned, things relearned

Things I learned this week: 

-Nor'easters are serious things. And I guess that groundhog wasn't kidding about the 6 more weeks of winter.

- I can write decent poetry when I'm angry.

-There is a store in Princeton that sells really good green smoothies. I'm craving one right now.

-"I Dreamed a Dream" was actually written about grad school. Specifically grad school at Princeton. (Just think about it: "But the tigers come at night, with their voices soft as thunder/As they tear your hope apart, as they turn your dream to shame." We sang this at a karaoke/pizza party last night, and I lost it at this line--in laughter, not tears, mind you, but still. Lost it. Too true, too true.)

Things I relearned this week: 

-People actually read my blog.

-I actually can't do it all. Nor am I required to.

-People can be so lovely and helpful and think about you and find books for you to read that relate to your projects--that they remember your projects and interests is lovely. To be thought of kindly is lovely.

-If I had a Time-Turner, I would use it in the same way Hermione did, and that was the lesson I was not supposed to take from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. 


No comments:

Post a Comment