Sunday, February 25, 2018

Things I've been missing lately

-mountains
-the skies of Utah
-Sam
-seeing Magdalen Tower in morning sunlight as I walked across the bridge to class
-seeing Magdalen Tower in moonlight as I walked across the bridge to home
-Tanzania
-free time
-anytime
-the sun
-roommates
-conversations with people who just know you--and not just those conversations, but
face-to-face conversations
-sisters
-my brother
-my parents
-the streets of Ukraine
-Ukraine in springtime
-sugar
-Sam.

February always brings a sense of melancholy. Especially the last part of February, when we wait for daylight and the sun. When we wait for the winds of March. Those winds of change and new life. But in missing things, that also means I've been reminiscing. And sometimes that leads to fun discoveries. Like how on Sam and my texting thread, I apparently like to send him videos of myself talking in very strange ways (or maybe that's just how I sound). And that I really like taking selfies with Chick-fil-a shakes.


And that we took some really fun pictures at the spice farm in Zanzibar. 

[I totally forgot about these pictures because they weren't in my phone. But they are very fun.]


[Probs the best one. All hail the king and queen.]

So missing things isn't all bad. What it means is that you care and that you made good memories and good relationships.

(But that doesn't mean that someone [read: me] isn't reallllllly excited to head home to Utah for Spring Break. Because man. Those mountains.]

No comments:

Post a Comment