Sunday, February 25, 2018

Maybe it's Maybelline

A couple weeks ago, a very talented friend gave me a makeover for a Galentines' Day activity. She did a very good job and I decided to show Sam for fun. He was thrown off by the amount of makeup (since I usually wear very little). When I sent him with- and without-makeup pictures, he liked the ones without makeup better.

[With makeup]

[Without]

Is there a difference? Yeah, I can tell. But I like them both. I know that some women really enjoy wearing makeup, while others don't. I don't really have issues with either choice. But I am grateful for the progress I've made over the years in feeling comfortable in my own skin. It's a work in progress--the work of a lifetime--to feel at home in your own body. 

And, I'm also grateful Sam. That he likes all shades of me (even if the contour lines are a bit much for him at times). He's a keeper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment