Thursday, April 21, 2016

you want a revolution, i want a revelation.

Oh hey.

You know those moments when you realize that you have a dissertation due in about 6 weeks?

Yeah.

Those moments induce panic and worry.

[Help. Me.]
[This was also right after I got a hair trim and I was not very pleased. Oh well. Vanity of vanities.]

But then you randomly find things like this on the desk you're working at: 

[You got this. Sure hope so. Thank you, other stressed student in the library.]

And, then you remember that Hamilton exists. And the world can't be that bad if things like Hamilton and songs like "The Schulyer Sisters" exist. (Another reason the world is a good place?  The U.S. Treasury decided to get rid of Jackson on the $20 bill and put Harriet Tubman there instead. The times, they are a-changin'.) 



So. I mean, There's a 15,000-word dissertation I have to write. But on the upside, I just took a "What Schulyer Sister Are You" quiz and I got Angelica. So. You know. Life is good.

look around, look around at how lucky we are to be alive right now.

2 comments:

  1. Hamilton is the absolute best and has gotten me through some hard thesis times too, so...you know. Just stay alive; that would be enough.

    Also related and of note: on the "What Schuyler Sister Are You" quiz, I am Eliza.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hamilton IS the best! So glad it is in my life.

      As for Eliza: I can see it. :)

      Delete