Wednesday, March 9, 2016

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but never thinks about changing themselves"

Last night I finished watching the BBC's newest adaptation of Leo Tolstoy's War and Peace. 

I was almost weeping at the end; it was so beautiful.

I need to read that novel again. Or at least the last 700 pages (because those are the best).

"When our lives are knocked off course, we imagine everything within them as lost. But it is only the start of something new and good. As long as there is life, there is happiness. There is still a deal--a great deal--left to come." --Pierre's last lines in BBC's War and Peace. 

Sorrow without resentment and joy with gratitude.


P.S. Can we talk about how hot James Norton is as Prince Andrei? Because he is. Ridiculously so.


I mean, amiright? I'm totally right. *swoon* 

No comments:

Post a Comment