Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Out on the wiley, windy moors

One of the great things about this year in England is that I have family relatively close by. And they let me come and bother them every once in awhile.

And then they are kind enough to indulge me in literary pilgrimages.

[L. is obviously really excited to be here.]

This time we went up to Haworth, which is the home of the Bronte sisters. I first read Jane Eyre in ninth grade, and then I read Wuthering Heights in my senior year of high school.

[Welcome to downtown Haworth. Charming, no?]


I liked Jane Eyre a lot more. A lot more.

["Eyres and Graces." HaHA.]

That being said, when one is on the moors--and when those moors are named Heathcliff, and when those moors are the inspiration for Wuthering Heights--you take a picture on said moors and you call out "Heathcliff!!!"



As one does on the Yorkshire moors. I mean, how could you not?

No comments:

Post a Comment