Saturday, July 25, 2015

Run like the wind

I've never considered myself a runner. I still think that "runner's high" is made up. But I guess that just because I haven't experienced it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Anyway. I'm not the world's biggest fan of running. 

But I don't absolutely hate it, either. 

Because there is something liberating and cleansing about running through the streets of your hometown or by the river. It is a wonderful thing to feel alive. 

There is also something so satisfying about running a race. And doing well in that race. 

Yesterday I ran the "Temple-to-Temple Run" in Provo. The course goes from the Provo Temple to the new Provo City Center Temple on Center Street. It's just a 5K. Nothing too strenuous. 

But I trained for it. And I performed well. I ran the race in 27:00 minutes flat--which I know is slow for some people, but for me it is a personal best. 

And I am proud of myself. :) 

 Exhausted but happy after the race. 

I was supposed to write down an ancestor's name, but I forgot. Oops. So I guess that it was dedicated to the memory of "blessed, honored pioneer."

I don't see myself training for a marathon anytime soon, but a 10K? Yeah, I could see that happening. I'll keep you posted. :)  




. . . also, why do I always look so young? Like, I know I should be happy that I look young. But I kinda look like I'm 14 in this picture. And the other day someone legitimately thought I was 18. Agghhhhh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment