Sunday, April 5, 2015

Христос воскрес! (He is risen)

"But Mary stood without at the sepulchre weeping: and as she wept, she stooped down, and looked into the sepulchre. [. . .] Jesus saith unto her, Woman, why weepest thou? whom seekest thou? She, supposing him to be the gardener, saith unto him, Sir, if thou hast borne him hence, tell me where thou hast laid him, and I will take him away. Jesus saith unto her, Mary. She turned herself, and saith unto him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master." see John 20:11-15 

Jesus just said her name. Just her name. That's all He said. And she knew it was Him. 

He Is Risen, J. Kirk Richards

Today is Easter Sunday.

It is also General Conference Sunday. [Which, by the way, was incredible. There were so many messages which spoke directly to me.]

I don't have a lot to say. I have a lot of thoughts. And a lot of gratitude in my heart. For the words of living prophets and apostles. For answers to prayers. For courage to make hard decisions. For faith to believe in miracles. And mostly, for a Savior, Jesus Christ, who overcame all--death, sin, heartache, and doubt--so that we can live again. Not only at the resurrection day, but every day. Because we need His renewing grace every day.

"So today we celebrate the gift of victory over every fall we have ever experienced, every sorrow we have ever known, every discouragement we have ever had, every fear we have ever faced--to say nothing of our resurrection from death and forgiveness for our sins. That victory is available to us because of events that transpired on a weekend like this more than two millennia ago in Jerusalem." -- Elder Jeffery R. Holland

And so, just know that I have this humble declaration that so many others before me (and many others after me) have stated:

"Oh sweet, the joy this sentence gives: I know that my Redeemer lives!"

Happy Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment