Tuesday, February 14, 2012

'Til We Meet Again

Tonight, I get set apart as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

It’s incredible to me.

I feel so blessed to be part of this work. I get to dedicate a year-and-a-half of my life to serving the Lord and serving His children in Ukraine. It excites me to be able to really learn how to serve . . . and how to love. And it excites me to be able to teach others about Christ and teach them the gospel—the good news, that we can return to live with God again.

Do you know what else is cool? This prophecy by Joseph Smith. He said that the work “in that vast empire of Russia, are connected some of the most important things concerning the advancement and building up of the Kingdom of God in the last days, which cannot be explained at this time.” (June 1843, History of the Church)

Guys, I am going to that former “vast empire” of Russia! And I get to be a part of the work there. Wow, it just gives me chills.

This video also gives me chills:




I hope you watched it. It is pretty amazing. 


To those who read this blog, thank you. I’m going to try to see if my sister would be interested in posting my weekly e-mails (or at least periodic updates) on this blog, but I don’t know if that will happen. So you might not hear from me for 18 months. But keep checking! Maybe you will. J

But if not, God bless! I hope to see you soon.

Love,

Sister Armknecht

"Now, what do we hear in the gospel which we have received? A voice of gladness! A voice of mercy from heaven; and a voice of truth out of the earth; glad tidings for the dead; a voice of gladness for the living and the dead; glad tidings of great joy. [. . .] Brethren, shall we not go on in so great a cause? Go forward and not backward. Courage, brethren, and on, on to the victory! Let your hearts rejoice, and be exceedingly glad." ~ Doctrine and Covenants 128:19, 22

No comments:

Post a Comment