Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

So, I know I'm getting set apart in less than 3 hours (then I OFFICIALLY become a missionary!), but it's still Valentine's Day, and I just want to post some of my favorite love poems.

You can quote them to that special someone tonight and make him/her feel all special. And it will make you look really cultured.

He Wishes For the Cloths of Heaven, by William Butler Yeats 

Had I the heavens’ embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams. 



i carry your heart with me, by e.e. cummings 
i carry your heart with me(i carry it in
my heart)i am never without it(anywhere
i go you go, my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing, my darling)
i fear
no fate(for you are my fate, my sweet)i want
no world(for beautiful you are my world, my true)
and it’s you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows
higher than the soul can hope or the mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that’s keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)

And another one by Yeats: 

Brown Penny, by William Butler Yeats 
I whispered, “I am too young,”
And then, “I am old enough”;
Wherefore I threw a penny
To find out if I might love.
“Go and love, go and love, young man
If the lady be young and fair.”
Ah, penny, brown penny, brown penny,
I am looped in the loops of her hair.
O love is the crooked thing.
There is nobody wise enough
To find out all that is in it,
For he would be thinking of love
Till the stars had run away
And the shadows eaten the moon.
Ah, penny, brown penny, brown penny,
One cannot begin it too soon.

Happy Valentine's Day. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment