Sunday, September 4, 2011

Connecting the Dots

Last week I got the weekly update from a friend who's on a mission. I love getting letters and e-mails from missionaries: I love hearing about the work, about the people they're meeting and the places they're seeing, but most of all I just love the spirit of their letters. They're so full of faith and hope, and it helps pull me through when I'm having rough days. 

This week, my friend (who's a total Apple techie) quoted Steve Jobs. It's not scripture, but it's exactly what I needed to hear this week: 

"You can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backward. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something--your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life." 

It's so good to know Who I trust in; that the Rock of my salvation is the Son of God. He makes all the difference, and He has a plan specifically for me. I have faith in that. And that faith guides me through. I just need to have faith to step out into the dark, knowing God won't let me fall. 

I might not know where my life will take me in the next year, semester, or week. But I have seen the dots connect in the past, and it's turning out to be an extraordinary picture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment