Sunday, July 24, 2011

Blessed, Honored Pioneer

HAPPY PIONEER DAY!!!!!

Did you know that when I was little--around ten- or eleven-years-old--I wanted to be a pioneer so badly?  Like, I wanted to be born in the 1830s, just so I could have been a pioneer child, singing as she walked and walked and walked and walked.

Don't worry. I don't wish that anymore. Now I'm very glad to be here, in the 21st century. (Hurrah for air conditioning!)

But my admiration for the pioneers has never died. I can't put into words how much their sacrifice and devotion mean to me.

They sacrificed so much for the gospel of Jesus Christ--their homes, their money, their comforts, their families . . . even their lives.

I am so grateful for pioneers. And not just those who crossed the plains. But all those who had and have the courage to join the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Like my dad.

So, thank you pioneers in my life. Thank you to those who sailed across the oceans to America; those who crossed the plains to make it to the Salt Lake Valley; those who bravely decide to join the Church. You are an inspiration.


"But if our lives are spared again to see the Saints their rest obtain. Oh how we'll make this chorus swell: All is well! All is well!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment