Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Severe Weather Warning

Today I got about half-a-dozen with that message--"Severe Weather Warning"--from texts, phone calls, and e-mails telling me that a severe blizzard is coming our way.


It's about at the Point of the Mountain right now. And I'm kind of excited.


The best part? I got a partial snow day! Because BYU campus closed at 3, I didn't have to go to my last class. Instead, I'm at home, safe and sound, awaiting this "blizzard to end all blizzards." It's supposed to be the biggest storm since 2001. And I hope that people drive safely tonight. In fact, I hope most people that traveled today are already home.


I've never had a snow day before. I've lived in Utah for about twelve years, but I've never had a snow day. I've always wanted one, to go play outside in the snow and make snowmen and go sledding in our backyard and come inside for hot chocolate. It's fun to play in the snow any day, but it just sounds so much better to do on a school day.


Now I finally get a snow day! . . . well, a partial snow day, but I'll take it.


I'm breaking out the hot chocolate tonight.

1 comment:

  1. It's my first snow day too! I've lived in Utah my whole life and they are really lame with snow days here. But it's great for me because I got to leave work early today and I don't have to work tomorrow now either! So I came home early which was great. Best day ever...it makes me wish we got snow days more often haha ;)

    Oh and it was great to see you today, although it was only for a minute :)

    ReplyDelete