Sunday, October 21, 2018

And we've got to get ourselves back to the garden

One of my favorite places in the Princeton area is Terhune Orchards. They have delicious produce year round, but fall is my favorite time because you can go apple picking.





We always end up picking more apples than we need--there's just something really fun about picking apples. Then you end up getting a bushel, and you just don't know what you're going to do with them all. (Although apple pies are always a good option.)





There's something about apple picking that makes me feel like Snow White and Eve. I guess the comparison's not completely off-base. There's always more about Eve, though. And recently, I've been thinking more about her story. Something to do with the way fall feels like a new beginning. Something about the way fall intertwines death and life. Something to do with possibilities and fullness and harvest.


1 comment: