Saturday, May 12, 2018

May flowers

The last couple of weeks have been full of flowers. Flowers from my bridal shower, flowers on my runs, flowers all around campus. The world seems bright with color and it makes me very happy.

[Some bridal shower gifts. And that candle smells like Utah. But not like refineries. It smells like a ski lodge in Park City.]

[Azaleas! I think? We don't have these flowers in Utah, but they are so, so pretty.]

[We don't have this tree/these flowers, either. But I think it is a dogwood tree. In any event, it is so bright and beautiful right after the rain.]

1 comment:

  1. Yes, those are azaleas, and yes, that is a dogwood tree. Neither grow much further west than Lawrence. The climate and soil are not good for them. Remind me to tell you (or you can look it up) about the legend of the dogwood tree. Excited to see you soon.

    Love, Grandma R.

    ReplyDelete