Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Sketches of Princeton [second]

If you didn't notice, now you'll know
that I'm going to try to do this week-by-week.
I will inevitably fail at some point
(in one respect, I already have, as this
is posted in the middle of my third week).
But I digress.


I found gardens this week. 
Many of them. 
Fellows' gardens, hidden gardens, 
the Garden State. 
There is something so soothing about finding 
a place where things grow. 
It's nice when there is order, 
but there doesn't have to be, 
because I like the wild, overgrown, English variety, too. 
But the organized ones
certainly have a charm
and a realization 
that somebody (somebodies) 
took time 
to plan 
and ponder
and prepare
and plant. 
And for that I am very grateful. 






I found time this week that I hadn't before. 
Some more time to just breathe
and to feel like I had a handle on the readings
and direction about where I want to go 
and who I want to become. 
That time and direction 
were so nice. 
Gifts. 
Like stumbling upon a garden 
I didn't even know existed. 
Grace. 



I ventured outside of Princeton. 
Crossed the Delaware
picked flowers
picked apples
chatted with aunts 
and with friends, old and new. 








There is something absolutely necessary 
in coming outside of the library 
and making your way outside
and finding those friends
who tell you that things will be okay 
and that to vent about readings
or the sheer lack of time 
or any other thing in between, 
large or small. 
Something necessary 
in people coming to find you 
to let you know that they care. 
Something that fills your heart
and leaves you more and better than before. 



No comments:

Post a Comment