Wednesday, September 13, 2017

New Haven and New York

One of the perks on living on the East Coast (especially somewhere as nicely situated as Princeton) is that it is relatively easy to get to big cities like New York. Another nice thing for me is that I have lots of family, and lots of family living on the East Coast. And my cousin Kyra was kind enough to let me come up to New Haven to see their family. I had a lot of fun seeing them. I just wish I had more pictures to prove it. But here are some pretty pictures of Yale (but they aren't near as cool as the pictures of hanging out the Kyra and her cute little boys).


[Some obligatory pictures of Yale]

Again, no fun pictures of playing at the park or of our epic dance party, but just trust me. It was awesome. And just a lot of fun. 

I also got a chance to be in NYC before and after New Haven. I went to the LDS Manhattan Temple, walked through Central Park, met up with some friends, and got a Levain Bakery cookie (Em and I have a copy-cat recipe for it, and in my not-so-humble opinion, I think the copycat recipe is better. There. I said it. You may now start throwing tomatoes at me.)

[Cue Alicia Keys]

[Central Park]

[Grand Central Station is just so beautiful.]

[The Lincoln Center]

[Friends at the temple! So fun to meet up with them, if only for a moment]

[C is for cookie. So obvi it's good enough for me.]


The sister missionaries also came up to me at one point when I was sitting at a table and for a moment they thought I wasn't a member of the Church. They asked me what book I was reading (a super exciting one for my upcoming historiography class), and then I told them and just said, "How are you doing, sisters?" And we had a nice little conversation. It was just very funny. (What made it funnier was that 5 minutes after they left, the guy sitting close to me asked, "So how is that book you're reading?" And we also chatted for a bit. Fun times in the city.) 

2 comments:

  1. Is...that cookie recipe a big ol' secret?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, not at all. Here it is! http://abountifulkitchen.com/2017/01/levain-bakery-chocolate-chip-cookie-recipe.html

    (Be warned, though--she goes on for a looooonnnnnnnggg time about how great the cookies are/the history of the cookies. So you can cut to the chase and find the recipe at the end of the article.)

    ReplyDelete