Monday, March 6, 2017

[em and nate.]

It's not every day that your best-daughter-sister-kindred-soul-friend gets married to the love of her life.

[Em and Nate. Such a happy, happy day. 
Also. Side note. HOW DID I NOT NOTICE UNTIL THEIR WEDDING DAY THAT IF YOU SAY "EM AND NATE" REALLY FAST IT SOUNDS LIKE "EMANATE"? BECAUSE IT DOES. anyway. moving on.]


I met Em in Ukraine. I was her "trainer," which means that she came to me fresh out of the Missionary Training Center to the far corners of Kharkov, Ukraine, and I, well, tried to help her get adjusted to LDS missionary work in Ukraine. It was one of those very fast friendships, and a friendship that I needed so very, very much at the time (and a friendship that has grown and progressed--and one that I still need today). I am so grateful for all she taught me in Ukraine, but especially about the healing power of love. 

[In Kharkov.]

[In Donetsk.]

I'm also so grateful that she asked if we could be roommates when she got back from Ukraine. That transition back from a mission is never easy (and neither, shockingly enough, is the world of Provo, Utah), but again, I sure am grateful for all I have learned from this woman as we have navigated the radical uncertainty of our changing lives and trying to handle the complex world of adult relations. 



From brownie batter to Ukrainian pizza; bedrooms with fridges in them to cinder block walls; Provo Sunday walks and Oxford FaceTime chats; tears and hopes and GREs and grad school and heartbreak and lovers . . . just, thank you, Em. For being there. And for letting me be there for you. 

[Oh, happy day.]

Love you forever. Cчастья вам. Happiness to you and your love.

No comments:

Post a Comment