Thursday, October 20, 2016

Thoughts on an autumnal Thursday night

I like Thursdays. To me, they are "Friday-eves." They are a sigh of relief at the end of a long week.


Sometimes I like running. Sometimes I don't. But it's nice to be in the habit again. I'm trying to enjoy as many autumn running days as possible until it becomes frigidly cold. I won't have England's temperate winters to help me this time around. 


Sometimes I carve pumpkins at ward activities. And sometimes the pumpkins I bring are knotted and ugly and have so much character that it takes three people to even get the knife through its thick skin. But when two of those people are determined girls who served missions in Eastern Ukraine, anything is possible. 

[I like him. His name is Mortimer. Mortimer the Ghoul.] 



Sometimes things get a little silly at work. Like when all the interns learn that I am secretly hilarious. And that I have a now-not-so-secret crush on Tom Hiddleston. So these notes arrive on my desk in paper-airplane form. And I am given the best couple's name ever. "Meganston Tomknecht." I see this going places. 


Sometimes the autumn light reflects perfectly on the Salt Lake Temple. And you try to take a picture that captures it, but an iPhone 5s is not quite able to capture glory. 


Sometimes you decide to buy flowers for yourself and for your roommates. Because nothing brightens a room like a lovely bouquet of flowers. 

Sometimes you work on PhD applications jamming out to "Wait for It" from Hamilton (and listen to it on repeat, oh, I don't know, like 7 times), and the Killers. 


And sometimes your best friend is kind enough to take vanity shots of you. Cuz there is something to feeling pretty. Especially on days when you feel like a bagel. 

Happy Thursday. 

3 comments:

  1. so many heart eyes. also. mortimer.😂

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I listen to "Wait for It" every single day. If my name were Theodosia, I'd say it was my theme song. But my name is Marian, so "Marian the Librarian" will just have to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Marian the Librarian" is not a bad theme song. But I think you can have "Wait For It" be your theme song, too. You could always add Theodosia as a second middle name.

      Delete