Sunday, June 19, 2016

my oxford. // godstow abbey.

One of my favorite things about Oxford--about England in general, actually--is the proximity to the past. You can just go walking and find an artifact. You can run along streets with Georgian facades and with plaques that tell you a famous author, artist, or philosopher lived there. You can have a picnic in the ruins of an abbey. 








[if you look closely, you can see my hand slowly edging towards the poppies. i love poppies. they are some of my favorite flowers.]





Another thing I love about Oxford are the people I've met here. I don't want to think about leaving yet (so I won't). But I am truly in love with the goodness of the people that I have met here. 

Picnics, people, and poppies. Can't get a Saturday afternoon much better than that. 

1 comment: