Thursday, December 4, 2014

i come with a dream in my eyes tonight

It's that time of year again when final papers and exams hit you with the force of a semi.

Sometimes, you just need to breathe.

And then, then you find a beautiful poem, and for a moment, everything else is forgotten in the magic of the words.

You are tired, 
(I think) 
Of the always puzzle of living and doing;
And so am I. 

Come with me, then, 
And we'll leave it far and far away--
(Only you and I, understand!)

You have played, 
(I think) 
And broke the toys you were fondest of, 
And are a little tired now; 
Tired of things that break, and--
Just tired. 
So am I. 

But I come with a dream in my eyes tonight, 
And I knock with a rose at the hopeless gate of your heart--
Open to me!
For I will show you the places Nobody knows, 
And, if you like, 
The perfect places of Sleep. 
                                                                      

Thank you, e.e. cummings for that much-needed literary escape.

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorite poems of all time. Thanks for sharing today :)

    ReplyDelete