Thursday, March 10, 2011

Do You Hear the People Sing?

My roommate showed this to me just the other day:




All Rights Reserved to Cameron Mackintosh Ltd 201




LES MISERABLES! THE 25TH ANNIVERSARY! I must have been in a cave for the last few months to not realize that the DVD was already out. (Okay, yes. I guess I was. The library DOES count as a cave.) 

Let's just say that my roommate and I wasted little time in finding our favorite songs. And singing along. And sometimes critiquing the director/the singers/the actors.

But always, always falling in love over and over again with the music and the story. (Which, by the way, I'm not even going to try to express how I feel about the musical and the book right now, because it would take pages. But if you ask me sometime, I'd be more than happy to talk your ear off.)

Then my roommate bought the DVD. It should be here Monday.

A good thing to have during Midterms Week?

Maybe not.

But maybe. :)

And yes, I know Nick Jonas is Marius in the 25th anniversary. And I don't know how much I like this new  Eponine.

But that doesn't detract from the story and the message.

And did I mention that Alfie Boe as Jean Valjean is incredible?

Listen for yourself. This is a quartet of "Bring Him Home" by four very famous Valjeans, including Colm  Wilkinson, who was the original Jean Valjean.

WARNING: THIS CLIP IS A TEAR-JERKER!

You have been warned.



All Rights Reserved to Cameron Mackintosh Ltd 201




Um, wasn't that incredible? I get chills every time I listen to it. 

So. You'll know where I'll be Monday: Plopped on the couch, tissues in hand, singing loud, singing strong, the beating of my heart echoing the beating of the drum. 





And thanks, Melissa, for showing this to me. It made my night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment