Sunday, May 23, 2021

Random life tidbits

-The last carton of eggs we used had about 6 or 7 double-yolked eggs. I have never seen that amount of double yolks in one carton before. If I didn't already know that this is a "singleton pregnancy" (I am not making that term up), I would definitely think I was having twins. Especially after dreaming of having triplets. But nope. Just one baby. 

-We have a family of turtledoves nesting in our backyard. There are three of them, and they make Sam and me happy (but especially Sam, since he works in the back room and can see them, just peacefully relaxing). 

-We've entered hotter weather in D.C. The azaleas have withered and the roses are in bloom, but this week past they all looked . . . tired. It's supposed to be a bit cooler this week, which I am looking forward to (I don't know how I will manage this last month or so in hotter temperatures while pregnant--I guess I just will). 

[azaleas from the national arboretum a few weeks ago. so vibrant. so beautiful.]


-Slowly, archives are starting to open up. This past week we went up to New York and I spent a couple of days at the New York Public Library. It was so nice to be in an archive again! And the NYPL is such a lovely space to work. (Also, New Yorkers were very kind to me, the heavily-pregnant lady.) 

-Speaking of archives opening up, the Library of Congress will open June 1st! I was, unsurprisingly, the first person to call and make some appointments to visit the archives there. Here's hoping I get some research before Baby comes! 

-I am hoping that Baby comes around his due date. I don't know if I can do an extra 2 weeks. But I guess he'll do what he wants. Babies usually do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment