Thursday, March 11, 2021

Mid-Atlantic Snapshots


On our walks, I've been taking pictures of these call boxes which dot D.C. Some of them have been designed to show historical scenes of the local neighborhoods. 



Others portray historic figures. 


And yet others are truly labors of love. Like this one outside of Tyler Elementary School, with the "Tyler Tiger" (who looks like a burglar), admonishing us to "Do work." 


I got new glasses frames. I also got a new phone and am trying to figure out both my new frames and Portrait mode in this picture.


WFH view some days. 


Princeton covered in snow (I went up there for a day to drop off/pick up books). It was a bit eerie being there. 





This was the day I got back from Princeton in D.C. Amazing what a distance of 170 miles south can do to weather patterns.



Sam and I went out to eat in a restaurant for the first time in . . . I don't know how long. The ramen here was pleasing to my palate. This lantern design was aesthetically pleasing.


Stained glass windows are also aesthetically pleasing.


Okay, so this does not technically fall into "Mid-Atlantic." This is a picture of Luray Caverns, which are in Virginia. But we went there last week and they were really cool! It really gives you a different sense of time--in this case, deep, deep time. 


This one (below) was my favorite part on the tour. They are stalactites which are reflected in 8-10 inches of water, and the "stalagmites" on the bottom are actually just reflections. But they look like a miniature model city or canyon!  


The famous Luray Organ. It was playing "A Mighty Fortress is Our God" when we walked past. 


And then, back properly to the mid-Atlantic in D.C., in our apartment, stitching away, since that's apparently what I do while nesting. 


The (almost) finished product! (I'll put Baby's name/birthdate/weight and height underneath the flower, once he has and name/birthdate/birth weight and height. All of those are still TBD.) 


No comments:

Post a Comment