Thursday, January 23, 2020

Christmas Break in DC


For Christmas this year, Sam and I went down to DC to spend Christmas with Sam’s family. We had a nice break with family and friends. There was always good food, good company, good conversations, and lots of holiday cheer and fun excursions.

[good food.]

[fun excursions.]

[we saw a star war.]

[botanical gardens.]




[christmas cheer.]

[advent.]

[pie making.]

[nephew holding.]

[little women viewing.]


[another excursion, this time to annapolis. my dad was at the naval academy, so we made sure to snap a picture since we were thinking about him.]


One of my favorite excursions was a trip to the Glenstone Museum. It is a relatively new museum, and it specializes in modern art. Some of my favorite parts of the museum were the buildings themselves. The architecture was beautiful, and I liked being able to walk around the campus, as the museum had pieces of art located both inside and outside.

[do you see that rocking-horse-head shape up there? that is art.]

[this is art.]

[art.]

[this soup is art, too. i ate art.]

[one of my favorite things was just walking the grounds.]

[so beautiful.]

[also. it me.]


To ring in the New Year, we had a Just Dance Party. I think that's fitting. 

Also, in thinking about the New Year, I didn’t really make any New Year’s resolutions this year. Instead, I’m just trying to focus on small improvements/habits/goals without doing anything too grand. (And, this coming year is going to be one of a lot of archival research and projects, so I don't want to put too much pressure on myself.) However, one of those small goals is learning new recipes (in particular, I’ve really wanted to learn how to make soups). I made a kale, white bean, and sausage soup tonight and it turned out pretty good (if I do say so myself, #domesticgoddess). 

So, if any of you have soup recipes, please send them my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment