Thursday, August 29, 2019

Finishing generals

It appears that I've taken a summer hiatus from my blog. Not intentionally (in fact, this summer I wanted to revamp it and make it look prettier), but sometimes, that's just what happens. I think that, in the rush of finishing generals, taking a trip to Chile, the prospectus workshop, and starting (and finishing) an internship in DC, there was too much going on that I forgot to write in my journal, let alone update this blog.

But life has gone on. And, in uploading pictures for the inevitable photo dump that will happen in the next couple of posts, I've been reminded of what a full summer it's been.

First of all, I did pass my generals in May. And honestly, that's all that matters. I passed. I never have to do them again. And I've slowly been awakening from that generals stupor and feeling less zombie-like and more like myself. But even then, it's a slower process than I would have liked.

[This is the face of a very happy girl who just found out she passed her generals.]

[So happy. So relieved. So sleep-deprived.]


I mentioned this on Facebook and Instagram, but I truly am so grateful for all of the help and support my family and friends gave me during the semester-of-generals. There are too many people to name, but thank you all for your kindnesses. 

[One of about 40 good-luck notes the Primary children in my church congregation made for me before my exams. Yes, when I got these cards, I cried and cried.] 

And, of course, the MVP of the support squad goes to this guy right here: 



I absolutely would not have been able to make it through without Sam. I mean, I guess I could have, but I would have been even more than a mess than I was. 

[This is unironically one of my favorite pictures of Sam. I think he is dancing to music or something. We are also at Buffalo Wild Wings because my mom gave us a gift card for Christmas as a joke. Will we go back? Eh, probably not, but we sure had fun.]


Now onto other things and time to use other academic muscles (and hopefully other physical muscles).

No comments:

Post a Comment