Sunday, January 7, 2018

Making up for lost time--a quick end-of-2017 review

Well, it's been a little bit over a month since I blogged, and there has been SO MUCH to write about. I don't even know where to start. (And I am cringing inside because this sounds way too much like a journal entry. Which, come to think of it, my journal writing is also flagging behind. Ahhhh, help me.)

I'll write more in detail about most (if not all) of these updates when I have time (which will be after January 16th--three monster papers are due on the 16th for me so I'm not even going to think about really updating the blog before then).

But, a couple of important things happened over the past month-and-a-half, namely:

1. Sam and I got engaged!


The proposal was sweet, simple, and spontaneous (and a surprise!). We are both really, really happy and looking forward to sharing life together. 

2. I (almost) finished my first semester as a PhD student at Princeton! 


Almost, because of #papersofdoom. This semester has been one of the hardest of my life. But, like most hard things in life, I have also learned a lot from it. 

3. I went to Tanzania! 


Sam and I went to visit his family and it was a very memorable trip. Tanzania is beautiful and Sam's family is very gracious. 


[Those Zanzibar sunsets, though.]

4. I got to go home for a good portion of Christmas Break and it was wonderful to be with my family. They are such a support. 

[And Utah sunrises inspire me.]


Here's to a joyous and beautiful 2018.

P.S. I am thinking about getting a new blog website--I want to use WordPress instead of Blogger. Thoughts? Suggestions? Does anyone actually read this thing anymore?

4 comments:

  1. I read every post. And if you switched to WordPress, I'd read your blog there, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every day I check for something new. You continue to amaze me. It was wonderful to see you at Christmas. Keep writing and keep warm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I DO I DO I DO! 💛
    PS. I’ve liked the wordpress switch. Though to be fair, most of what I have at this point is a bunch of drafts. Because. Life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I DO I DO I DO! 💛

    PS. I’ve liked the switch to wordpress. Though, to be fair, most of what I have there so far is still in a bunch of drafts. Because. Life.
    PPS. LOVE YOU.

    ReplyDelete