Friday, October 31, 2014

This is Halloween

Sooooo, I had a really clever blog post idea which included lots of cute pictures from when I was very young.

So I scanned pictures of some of my best Halloween costumes. But when I was ready to make this blog post, the pictures wouldn't download properly.

And so it goes.

I won't lie, Halloween isn't my favorite holiday. I mean, it's fun when you're little and get candy and all that, and I love seeing little kids get all dressed up, but by the time you're my age, Halloween means two things: scary and skanky. And that's not how I roll.

But I just want to say that I had some wonderful Halloween costumes growing up.

Like the classic "Ballerina Fairy Princess" of '95.

And my Joan of Arc costume. That still is one of my absolute favorites.

[I realized that I have pretty much only dressed up as a princess or historical figure. Yup.]

I rarely dress up nowadays. But if I do, it has to be creative.

This year, I convinced my friend that we should be suffragettes.

This was the result:


Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment